Castlemaine Hideaway in the Trees
Castlemaine Hideaway in the Trees - the name says it all!
Set on 4 hectares of bushland, yet only minutes from Castlemaine's town centre, you'll see nothing but trees from every window. This unique, modern 2 bedroom property is a professionally converted barn and is the ideal spot to unwind from the stresses of day to day life.
Perfectly set up for couples, families and groups, Castlemaine Hideaway features light filled open plan living, a fully equipped modern kitchen, Wi-Fi, gas heating, reverse-cycle heating/air-conditioning, plus an outdoor patio area complete with BBQ and dining table overlooking a native bird feeding station. With families in mind, the property offers toys, books, children's DVDs, stair guards, a high chair, porta cot, change table and a baby bath.
Sleeping up to 7 guests, the main mezzanine bedroom has a queen bed and a single/day bed with amazing bush views from every window. As shown in the images, this room is a light, bright open room with half height walls.
Bedroom 2, downstairs, also has bush views is set up with both a queen bed and a set of bunks. For larger groups, a click down sofa bed is also available in the main living area required.
The wet areas include a modern bathroom with shower and vanity, separate toilet and separate laundry area with washing machine.
There are 2 other residences on the 4 hectare property, however both are positioned close to the main road at the entrance to the block, whereas Castlemaine Hideaway in the Trees is completely secluded, nestled amongst the trees at the end of the long, winding driveway.
The perfect place to unwind or to explore Victoria's Goldfields region, the owners of this property have thought of everything to ensure guests have both a comfortable and memorable stay!
- Bedroom 1 (master/mezzanine) - 1 x queen size bed + 1 x single/day bed (sleeps 3)
- Bedroom 2 (ground floor) - 1 x queen size bed + 1 set single size bunks (sleeps 4)
- Gas heating as well as reverse cycle air-conditioning/heating
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher
- Indoor and outdoor dining
- Amenities for families: high chair, porta cot, stair guards (top and bottom), baby change table and baby bath, DVDs, books and toys
- BBQ and undercover patio area
- 4 hectares of bush to explore with an abundance of wildlife
- Native bird feeding station
- Fire pit (available April - October only to comply with the property's bushfire plan)
- Washing machine and dryer (ideal for longer stays)
- Electric blankets on all beds, with warm bedding, blankets and throws for cooler months
- Your well behaved, house trained dog is welcome by prior arrangement only
- Clean and dry dogs are welcome inside but we ask you ensure they are kept off couches and beds
- As this property is set on 4 hectares, we recommend you accompany your dog on walks around the property if she or he is prone to wandering off
- Guests must pick up after their dogs
- A $50 pet fee applies to all bookings with dogs
- Entire property sleeps 7 people
- BBQ facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Wi-Fi internet
Nightly rates from:
From $99 - off-peak mid-week
From $179 - off-peak weekend
From $199 - long weekends (minimum 3 night stay)
From $199 - school holidays
Minimum stay is 2 nights.
All bedding and linen is provided.
A $500 refundable security bond, $159 cleaning fee, $50 pet fee and $50 booking fee applies to all bookings.