The Dunes Homestead
The Dunes Homestead is a stunning property that is located on a secluded hilltop, offering spectacular views of the Otways and the Aire River valley.
The home has been built out of beautiful Grampians sandstone and features soaring triangular ceilings, karri timber flooring, huge living spaces, lots of natural light and huge picture windows with amazing views. It is well appointed, offering luxury, comfort and privacy.
The air-conditioned open plan living area includes a wood fire, TV with Foxtel channels, comfortable couches and a 6 seat dining table. The fully equipped gourmet kitchen includes a gas stove with double electric ovens and wok burner, a commercial espresso coffee machine, microwave, dishwasher, coolroom, freezer and an excellent selection of cooking equipment, crockery and cutlery.
This home can sleep up to 8 people and has 3 bedrooms, all with breathtaking views. The third bedroom is part of a private studio that is attached to the home and has all its own facilities.
- Master bedroom - king bed, wood fire, walk-in robe, large corner spa, ensuite with double shower
- Bedroom 2 - king bed (convertible into singles)
- Bedroom 3 (private studio) - king bed, wood fire, small kitchen, ensuite, spa
- Lounge - queen sofa bed (sleeps 2)
In addition to the two ensuites, there is also a main bathroom.
Spacious decking spans the entire front of the house, with outdoor seating providing the perfect spot to relax and admire the view. There is also a sheltered courtyard with beautiful sandstone walls and a lovely cottage garden.
Covered parking is available in the carport which has access from the back door.
Set on 25 hectares, The Dunes Homestead is surrounded by natural parkland, rolling lawns and native bushland.
The Dunes Homestead is located north of Cape Otway at Hordern Vale, which is roughly at the mid-way point on the Great Ocean Road. It is close to the Aire River step on/off point of the Great Ocean Walk and less than 30 minutes drive from both Apollo Bay and Lavers Hill.
- Well behaved dogs very welcome inside
- There is a secure area in the gated carport if you need to contain your dog
- Rolling lawns at the front of the home is a great spot for dogs to run around and play
- Entire property sleeps 8 people
- BBQ facilities
- Laundry facilities
Nightly rates from:
Minimum stay is 2 nights.
Rates vary depending on the number of guests and duration of stay. Please enquire for an accurate quote.