Barwon Heads dog friendly beaches
Dogs on beaches at Barwon Heads:
- Dogs are permitted off-lead at all times on the beach between markers 30W and 34W
- Dogs are prohibited at all times from the beach west of marker 40W and between markers 27W and 30W
- Dogs are permitted off-lead and on-lead at various times of the year on other beaches - see the map below
"Off leash under effective control" means your dog is close to you at all times, is trained to come back to you when called, does not run up to other people or dogs and you must prevent your dog from approaching wildlife. Occasionally there may be small temporary dog exclusion zones on some beaches due to highly threatened bird species breeding there.
Dogs on beaches at Breamlea:
- Dogs permitted off-lead on beach along Blyth Street (between emergency markers 47W and 50W)
- Dogs prohibited at all times from beach east of Bancoora Surf Life Saving Club
- Dogs are permitted off-lead and on-lead at various times of the year at other beaches - see map below
Official sources for dog restrictions
When bringing your dog to the beach, refer to signs at beach entry points and consult the official sources for the latest information. Changes to dog restrictions may be made at any time by local authorities.