King Parrot Cottages & Event Centre
King Parrot Cottages & Event Centre provides accommodation near the Great Ocean Road and Lorne in the Otway Ranges, nestled on the north-facing hillside of the spectacular Pennyroyal Valley.
Accommodation consists of cottages, a group lodge and camping ground.
There are 5 fully self-contained architecturally designed cottages that offer comfort, style, character and privacy in a rustic bushland setting with stunning valley views. All cottages face north, capturing as much sun and light as possible. They all have well equipped kitchens, wood fires and bedding with all linen supplied.
- Mannagum Cottage - 10 people - 4 bedrooms (3 king rooms, singles bedroom with 4 single beds)
- Bluegum Cottage - 8 people - 3 bedrooms (2 king rooms, singles bedroom with 2 bunks and 2 single beds)
- Aquila Cottage - 6 people - 2 bedrooms (2 king rooms, 2 bunks in the open area between the bedrooms)
- Windmill Cottage - 2 people - 1 bedroom (king room)
- Blackwood Cottage - 2 people - 1 bedroom (king room)
The Lodge and Hall offers spectacular valley views combined with peace and tranquillity, making it the perfect venue for health retreats, conferences or group events. It consists of spacious lounge and dining areas, a commercial kitchen and a huge 10 metre by 8 metre hall with folding glass doors to take in the expansive views. The lodge can sleep up to 14 people and has a total of 3 bathrooms. It has one queen bedroom with an ensuite and two king bedrooms. 8 single beds are located in the hall.
The camp ground is located on the rainforest valley floor beside the creek. It consists of 8 non-powered camping sites where you can pitch a tent and get back to nature. The amenities block has 2 toilets and 2 showers which are supplied with tank water.
Guests enjoy use of an outdoor salt water swimming pool, children's playground and extensive lawns which are suitable for field games. There is also a small indoor gymnasium and a games room which includes a TV, stereo system, table tennis, fuse ball, air hockey, darts and board games. Fish for yabbies in the dam at certain times of year, with fishing gear supplied.
Children will love the farm animals - friendly donkeys, alpacas, a Shetland pony and border collie dogs. There is also an abundance of wildlife including kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, rosellas, wedge-tailed eagles, kookaburras, parrots and cockatoos.
Explore this 80 hectare property and take a hike along gorgeous bush tracks through the diverse terrain of the rainforest valley floor, with its huge canopy of trees and large ferns, to the north facing side of the Pennyroyal Valley. A spring fed creek runs through the property and there is also a waterfall.
Discover the nearby beaches of the Great Ocean Road, with the ever popular Lorne being just a 25 minute drive away. Experience the wonders of the Great Otway National Park and the gourmet food trail of berry farms and fresh produce. The city of Geelong is an hour from this property.
King Parrot Cottages & Event Centre is the ideal destination for romantic getaways, family holidays, group celebrations and weddings. Renew your spirit at this magnificent property and explore all that this unique area has to offer.
- Dogs welcome inside cottages, but not on furniture or beds
- Dog blankets and bowls are supplied
- When outside, dogs need to be on a lead or under effective voice control due to local wildlife
- This vast bush property has private bush tracks which dogs will love to explore with you. There is also a constantly flowing spring fed creek running through the property and a waterfall
- Please note that there is no fencing around each cottage and the entire property is not securely fenced
- A dog fee of $20 per night applies
- BBQ facilities
- Laundry facilities
Nightly rates from:
Midweek from $250 per night
Weekends from $300 per night
Lodge and Hall:
From $750 per night
From $60 per night